Trek Quarries of Cachiccata to Machupicchu 4D/3N
At 5 am we will pick you up at your hotel and we will travel to Pachar. From there we will continue by bus till a small village called Socma at 3000 msnm, where we start our hiking.
In a few hours we arrive to Perolniyoc where we can appreciate the beautiful waterfall and the Inca archaeological remains. After one more hour walking we will arrive to our first camping, Rayanniyoc (3600 msnm), lunch and free afternoon to enjoy the landscape.
We will wake up early in the morning, around 5.30 am. After breakfast we start hiking with an ascent of 800m approximately, till Pucakasa passage (4400msnm), where we can appreciate the mountain chain named Vilcabamba and also the highest mountains of Incas Sacred Valley (Verónica, Huaca, Huillca and Bonaza). From here we hike during one hour, approximately, to achieve the place where we have lunch and will recover energies to follow our way. This section varies between ascents and descents till achieve the highest point of the trek (4500msnm). From here we descent to Inti Punku (Sun door or “Puerta del Sol”) which looks at the majestic Verónica, where the Incas offer worship to the mountains, being currently profaned by the treasures seekers. 30 minutes after we arrive at our camping, called Choquetacarpo (3600 msnm), aprox. 5:00 pm
We have breakfast at 6am and after we start the descent towards Ollantaytambo village (inhabited Inca village). During the way we visit the quarries of Cachiccata, from where the Incas had extracted blocks of stones to build the city of Ollantaytamdo. Passing also by several Inca tombs. We have lunch at the village and will do a small tour. Later on, we will take the train towards Águas Calientes. Here we will have two options to take the train:
- 12:36 pm
- 16:36 pm
Once at Aguas Calientes you will go to your chosen hotel where you will spend the night.
We will wake up very early today, to take the bus which drives us to the wonderful Machupicchu citadel. Here you will have a guided visit during two hours, from 6am to 8am. After the tour, you will have enough time to enjoy the city and to do a lot of photos. Finished the visit you have two options to descent towards Águas Calientes:
- Walking 1h and 1/2 aprox. Or
- By bus
Here you will take the train to Ollantaytambo and then the transport to return to Cusco.
End of our services.
- Transport Cusco Socma
- Train Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes and return
- Access ticket to Machu Picchu
- Bus ticket to Machu Picchu
- Transport Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Accommodation at Aguas Calientes
- 4 breakfasts, 3 lunch and 3 dinners.
- Snacks along the Trek.
- Professional Guide who speaks English/Spanish
- Tents for 2 persons (we have individual tents)
- Thermal insulation.
- Cook and cooking equipment (For big groups we provide assistants)
- Porters and horses to carry the personal equipment till 6kg by passenger
- Tent for meals
- First aid equipment
- Oxygen bottle
- Sleeping bags ($20 for all trek)
- Walking sticks (one $10 two $15)
- Tips for all staff who accompany you during all trip (Guide, cooks, porters, etc…)
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Lunch and dinner at the 4th day
- Other services not mentioned.
- Emergency horse $100
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes $12
- Sleeping bag ($20 all trip)
- Walking sticks (one $10 two $15)
- Inflatable mattress $20 all trip
- Supplement for individual tent $25.00 by person
- Ticket from Huaynapicchu $15
- Ticket to climb the Machu Picchu mountain
- We advise you to do an advance booking to Huaynapicchu, once the access is limited.
- Don’t forget to bring your passport to get access to the Machupicchu citadel and to take the train.