INCA TRAIL 4D/3N
Located at the Andes Cordillera, the Inca Trail passes through several Andean environments including the cloud forest, and the alpine tundra. Along this trek and till la Puerta del Sol (Inti Punku) at Machu Picchu mountain, we can find settlements, tunnels, Inca ruins and enjoy the wonderful Citadel views. At Warmiwañuska this trail takes you above the 4.200m (13.800 ft) over the sea level.
This 4 days trekking will take you to hike over what probably is the most important route of Perú built during the Inca Civilization.
– 1st Day: Cusco – Chilca – Wayllabamba – Llactapata 3.000m
We start at 5 am, and we pick you up by bus at your hotel. Breakfast is in Oyantaitambo and we continue by bus until 82Kms. Here we will prepare and distribute all the necessary trekking gear, sleeping bags, walking sticks, etc… to start our hiking.
We will visit the Patallacta archaeological site, have lunch and continue till Huayllabamba, where we will camp.
The difficulty level of this day is easy and we can enjoy the magnificent views followed by Vilcanota River.
13km, 5/7hours depending on each passenger capability
– 2nd Day: Warmiwañusca – Pacaymayo 4.200m
Early in the morning we start the hardest day of this trek. After breakfast we ‘ll start the ascent. Lunch and we will continue till Wuarmihuañusca at 4,200 meters, where we can do a lot of photos of the wonderful views for our travel album
We descend towards the Pacaymayo valley where we will camp and have dinner.
During this trail we can see the Runkurakay and Sayacmarc ruins.
Difficulty level is high.
16km, 7hours depending on each passenger capability.
– 3rd Day: Runkurakay – Sayacmarca – Puyupatamarca (3.600m) – Wiñayhuayna (2.700m)
Rise early, have breakfast and start the ascent during 30 minutes till the Runquracay archaeological site and we start descending towards Sayacmarca. We will visit Intipata, and Puyupatamarca. Lunch on the way.
Camping in Wiñayhuayna 2.700 m
11km, 8hours depending on each passenger capability
– 4th Day: Wiñayhuayna – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Today we will rise earlier. At 3 am we will be waked up with a hot cup of tea and quickly we will start walking. Within 5 minutes we will meet the control point, and from there we will ascent during one half hours to Inti Punko (puerta del sol), from where we can see for the first time the majestic Machu Picchu city.
From here we will descend and will do a guided visit to the city (approximately 1 ½ hours). After the visit you have free time to enjoy the place.
We will take the bus towards Aguas Calientes, where we have lunch in a restaurant.
In the afternoon, return into Oyantaitambo by Expedition train – tren Expedition. At Oyantaitambo a transport will be waiting and will take us into Cusco where our services finish. (If you want we can do your reservation to return by the train – tren Vistadome. This will have an extra charge).
IMPORTANT: For those who want to visit Wayna Picchu after Machu Picchu, it currently has a limited access with an extra cost.
Note 1: The mentioned campings are just a reference. They are managed by the Ministry of Culture, reason why they can be changed.
Note 2: If you want you can stay one extra day at Aguas Calientes.
You can do extra reservation: Additional entrance for Machu Picchu
Additional round trips into Machu Picchu by bus
Hotel in Aguas Calientes
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE:
– Pick up at your hotel and transport by private bus until km 82 (Inca Trail start point)
– Entrances and taxes to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
– Camp equipment (tents, tables, chairs, utensils.)
– Bilingual experienced Guide.
– Cook and Porters to carry the heavy gear and tents.
– Meals: 4 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 dinners and snacks during the hiking.
– Cook and Porters
– First Aid equipment
– Train Ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
– Transport from the railway station to your hotel in Cusco.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE:
– First day breakfast, last day lunch and dinner.
– Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
– Room for the additional day at Aguas Calientes
– Visit to the thermal baths at Aguas Calientes
– Sleeping bag
– Walking sticks
Prices Inca Trail 4D / 3N
2 People (Price per person) $505